
Iran launched missiles toward the United Arab Emirates on Monday evening, shortly after residents across the country received emergency alerts warning of a potential incoming strike and urging them to take shelter. An all-clear notification was issued not long afterward.
UAE officials also reported that Iranian attack drones were deployed in the incident, with at least one drone reportedly hitting a petrochemical facility.
Earlier in the day, the United States military said that US Navy guided-missile destroyers had entered the area after passing through the Strait of Hormuz as part of an operation known as “Project Freedom,” which is intended to keep key shipping lanes open.
American forces are currently working to reestablish safe maritime passage for commercial vessels. As part of the initial phase, two US-flagged merchant ships successfully navigated the strait and continued on their routes without incident.
According to a weekend report by the Financial Times, Israel has transferred its advanced “Iron Beam” air defense system to Abu Dhabi. The system uses laser-based technology to intercept incoming rockets and drones.
The deployment is aimed at countering escalating threats from Iran, which has increasingly relied on coordinated drone and missile attacks against countries in the Gulf.
Sources familiar with the matter said the defensive setup includes multiple layers of protection, integrating the “Iron Beam” system—already used this year along Israel’s northern border—with Elbit Systems’ “Spectro” system, which is capable of detecting drones at distances of up to 20 kilometers.
Reports also indicate that Iron Dome batteries have been positioned in the UAE, alongside the arrival of dozens of Israeli military personnel and advisors to help operate and maintain the sophisticated defense systems.
{Matzav.com}