
Board of Peace Members Have Pledged More than $5 Billion for Gaza, Trump Says
President Donald Trump announced that he will reveal this Thursday that member nations of the Board of Peace have pledged more than $5 billion for humanitarian relief and rebuilding efforts in Gaza, along with thousands of personnel for a U.N.-approved stabilization mission.
In a message posted Sunday on Truth Social, Trump said participating countries have agreed to fund large-scale reconstruction and to provide manpower for an international force and local policing units aimed at maintaining order in the Palestinian territory.
“On February 19th, 2026, I will again be joined by Board of Peace Members at the Donald J. Trump Institute of Peace in Washington, D.C., where we will announce that Member States have pledged more than $5 BILLION DOLLARS toward the Gaza Humanitarian and Reconstruction efforts, and have committed thousands of personnel to the International Stabilization Force and Local Police to maintain Security and Peace for Gazans. Very importantly, Hamas must uphold its commitment to Full and Immediate Demilitarization. The Board of Peace will prove to be the most consequential International Body in History, and it is my honor to serve as its Chairman,” Trump wrote.
In the same post, Trump highlighted what he described as the board’s rapid progress and broader aspirations beyond Gaza.
“The Board of Peace has unlimited potential. Last October, I released a Plan for the permanent end to the Conflict in Gaza, and our Vision was unanimously adopted by the United Nations Security Council. Shortly thereafter, we facilitated Humanitarian Aid at record speed, and secured the release of every living and deceased Hostage. Just last month, two dozen distinguished Founding Members joined me in Davos, Switzerland, to celebrate its official formation, and present a bold Vision for the Civilians in Gaza, and then, ultimately, far beyond Gaza — WORLD PEACE!” he said.
The establishment of the Board of Peace was backed by a United Nations Security Council resolution and forms part of the administration’s broader strategy to conclude the conflict between Israel and Hamas in Gaza.
Israel and Hamas signed onto the framework last year, with a ceasefire taking effect in October. Despite the agreement, each side has repeatedly accused the other of breaches. Gaza’s Health Ministry reports that more than 590 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces in the territory since the truce began, while Israel says four of its soldiers have died in attacks by Palestinian militants during the same period.
Several key regional players — including Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Israel and Indonesia — have joined the board. However, major global powers and longstanding Western allies of the United States have shown greater reluctance.
Trump did not specify which countries are responsible for the financial pledges or which will supply troops for the stabilization mission. Indonesia’s military said Sunday that as many as 8,000 personnel could be prepared by the end of June for possible deployment to Gaza in a humanitarian and peacekeeping role, marking the first concrete troop commitment received by the administration.
Reconstruction in Gaza is expected to be an enormous undertaking. Estimates from the United Nations, World Bank and European Union place the cost of rebuilding at approximately $70 billion. After more than two years of Israeli military operations, vast sections of the territory have sustained severe damage.
Under the terms of the ceasefire agreement, an armed international stabilization force would be responsible for maintaining security and ensuring the disarmament of Hamas — a central condition set by Israel. To date, only a limited number of countries have signaled willingness to participate in such a force.
The U.S.-brokered ceasefire agreement reached on Oct. 10 sought to end more than two years of fighting between Israel and Hamas. While large-scale combat has diminished, Israeli forces have continued conducting airstrikes and have frequently opened fire near areas under military control.
It remains uncertain how many of the more than 20 Board of Peace members will attend Thursday’s gathering. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who met with Trump at the White House last week, is not expected to participate.
Initially viewed as a mechanism focused primarily on resolving the Gaza conflict, the Board of Peace has since evolved into what Trump describes as a platform with a broader global mission. The initiative appears to reflect a wider effort by the United States to reshape international diplomacy and operate outside traditional United Nations structures as Trump seeks to redefine the post–World War II global framework.
Many leading U.S. allies in Europe and elsewhere have declined to join the board, expressing concerns that it could serve as a parallel body to the U.N. Security Council.
Trump also confirmed that Thursday’s event will be held at the U.S. Institute of Peace, which the State Department announced in December would continue operating under the name Donald J. Trump U.S. Institute of Peace.
The institute’s headquarters has been the focus of ongoing legal disputes after the administration took control of the building last year and dismissed nearly all of its staff, prompting lawsuits from former employees and executives of the nonprofit organization.