Logo

Jooish News

LatestFollowingTrendingGroupsBrowse
Sign InSign Up
LatestFollowingTrendingBrowseSign In
Vos Iz Neias

Social Media-Planned ‘Takeover’ at Bay Plaza Mall Ends With Arrests

Feb 17, 2026·1 min read

BRONX, N.Y. (VINnews) — Multiple teenagers were taken into custody Monday after a planned “takeover” at the Mall at Bay Plaza in the Bronx drew a large, disorderly crowd, police said.

Officers responded shortly after 2 p.m. to a 911 call requesting crowd control at 200 Baychester Ave. Authorities said warnings were issued ordering the group to disperse.

Witnesses reported hundreds of youths gathering inside and around the shopping center. A nearby fast-food restaurant sustained a shattered window during the incident. Mall officials said there was no damage inside the mall itself and that it remained open during the disturbance.

TODAY: 500 youths stormed through Bronx Mall in "Bay Plaza Takeover" this afternoon, resulting in multiple detainements

Video by @FreedomNTV [email protected] to license pic.twitter.com/o6p6eoTFkI

— Oliya Scootercaster 🛴 (@ScooterCasterNY) February 17, 2026


Police helicopters were seen overhead as officers worked to clear the area. Authorities said the gathering had been promoted on social media and was intended to continue until participants were removed.

Similar large teen gatherings have occurred at the Baychester shopping complex in the past. The incident remains under investigation.

View original on Vos Iz Neias