
TURKEY DENIES: Ankara Says No Turkish Forces Were At Syrian Airbase During Israeli Strike
Turkey is denying Israel’s claim that Turkish forces had been deployed at a Syrian Air Force base before and during Israeli airstrikes on the facility this week.
Turkish Defense Ministry spokesman Rear Adm. Zeki Akturk said Thursday that “no Turkish military delegation was present at the Syrian Air Force base before or during Israel’s airstrikes.”
The denial comes after the Israeli Prime Minister’s Office said the strike was carried out after Damascus allowed Turkish soldiers to deploy on Syrian territory despite warnings from Israel.
Turkey’s Defense Ministry also sharply criticized Israel, with Akturk saying Ankara’s efforts to protect Syria’s sovereignty and territorial integrity would continue “with determination.” He called on the international community to take action against Israel’s operations.
“The perception that Israel’s military interventions against neighboring countries are routine and acceptable must under no circumstances be allowed,” Akturk said.
(YWN World Headquarters – NYC)