
President Trump Halts Planned U.S. Strike on Iran, Citing Negotiations Urged by Gulf Allies
WASHINGTON D.C (VINnews) – President Trump said Monday he has called off a planned U.S. military strike on Iran that was scheduled for Tuesday, following requests from key Gulf Arab leaders who believe serious negotiations could produce an acceptable deal that prevents Tehran from obtaining nuclear weapons.
In a statement, Trump said he was asked to hold off by Qatar’s Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and UAE President Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
“Serious negotiations are now taking place, and that, in their opinion, as Great Leaders and Allies, a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond,” Trump said in the statement. “This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!”
Trump said he instructed Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Daniel Caine and the U.S. military to stand down on the scheduled attack but to remain prepared for a “full, large scale assault” on a moment’s notice if negotiations fail to yield results.

The announcement comes amid heightened tensions in the region following U.S. military actions against Iran earlier this year. Trump has repeatedly stressed that any agreement must eliminate Iran’s nuclear ambitions and has kept military options on the table while pursuing diplomacy.
Gulf leaders have played a prominent role in urging de-escalation, leveraging their influence with both Washington and Tehran. No immediate details were released on the status of the negotiations or the specific terms under discussion.
The White House did not immediately respond to requests for further comment. Iranian officials could not be reached for reaction.