Logo

Jooish News

LatestFollowingTrendingGroupsDiscover
Sign InSign Up
LatestFollowingTrendingDiscoverSign In
Matzav

Trump Pulls Back On Plan To Attack Iran Tomorrow, Citing ‘Serious Negotiations’ After Months-Long War

May 18, 2026·3 min read

President Donald Trump announced Monday that he is postponing a planned military strike against Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, saying leaders from across the Middle East urged him to give diplomacy additional time.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump said negotiations were actively underway and suggested optimism that a diplomatic resolution could still be achieved.

“Serious negotiations are now taking place,” he wrote on Truth Social.

Trump added that regional leaders convinced him there remains a realistic chance for an agreement acceptable to both the United States and countries throughout the Middle East.

He said the leaders believed “a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond. This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!”

According to Trump, the appeals came directly from Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, all of whom asked him to delay military action.

At the same time, Trump emphasized that the United States remains prepared to move forward militarily if negotiations collapse or fail to produce an agreement acceptable to Washington.

Trump said he instructed Pete Hegseth and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Daniel Caine “that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached.”

Earlier Monday, Trump told The NY Post that he could not discuss Iran in detail because “too many things are happening.”

Still, he warned that Iranian leaders are fully aware of the danger facing them if diplomacy fails, saying Tehran understands “what’s going to be happening soon,” while also stressing that he was “not open” to offering concessions.

The administration has continued pressuring Iran to accept Trump’s demands regarding the dismantling of its nuclear program.

On Sunday, Trump warned that Iran needed to act quickly “or there won’t be anything left,” while adding that “the Clock is Ticking.”

Last week, Trump hinted to reporters that he might consider allowing Iran to suspend its nuclear program for 20 years rather than dismantling it completely, though it remains unclear whether that possibility is still under consideration as negotiations continue.

{Matzav.com}

View original on Matzav