
Iran’s parliament is reportedly preparing to consider legislation that would authorize financial rewards for the assassinations of President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu amid escalating tensions between Tehran, Washington, and Israel.
According to a report published Monday by The Telegraph, Iranian lawmakers are expected to vote on a proposal offering roughly $58 million to anyone who kills Trump following the February joint U.S.-Israeli strikes against Iran that reportedly resulted in the death of Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.
Ebrahim Azizi, who chairs Iran’s national security commission, said the proposed legislation — known as “Reciprocal action by military and security forces of the Islamic Republic” — would formally transform rhetoric and religious decrees previously circulated by regime-linked groups into official state policy.
The legislation would reportedly also target Netanyahu as well as Adm. Brad Cooper, the head of U.S. Central Command, whom Iranian officials blame for the February 28 military operation.
Another member of the national security commission, Mahmoud Nabavian, reportedly said parliament would soon vote on rewards for anyone who “sends Mr. Trump and Netanyahu to hell.”
The latest threats mark another escalation in years of Iranian rhetoric aimed at Trump, dating back to the 2020 American drone strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani.
Trump has repeatedly warned Tehran against targeting him or American interests around the world.
Last year, Trump said the United States would “wipe them off the face of the Earth” if Iran attempted to carry out assassination plots against him.
Iranian officials and groups tied to the regime have repeatedly issued similar threats over recent years.
In March, senior Iranian official Ali Larijani warned Trump to “watch out for yourself — lest you be eliminated” after Trump threatened severe retaliation if Iran attempted to interfere with oil shipments through the Strait of Hormuz.
Earlier this year, Iranian state television broadcast an image of Trump taken during the 2024 assassination attempt in Butler, Pennsylvania, accompanied by the warning: “This time, the bullet won’t miss.”
Federal prosecutors in the United States have also linked several alleged murder-for-hire plots to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
The United States Department of Justice previously announced criminal charges against suspects accused of attempting to recruit assassins to target Trump and other American officials on behalf of Tehran.
Meanwhile, tensions among the United States, Israel, and Iran remain high despite ongoing indirect negotiations reportedly being mediated through Pakistan.
Iranian media outlets claim the talks involve disputes surrounding sanctions relief, nuclear restrictions, frozen Iranian funds, and the future of regional conflicts involving Hezbollah and other Iranian-backed groups.
According to The Telegraph, Tehran is demanding the lifting of sanctions, compensation for war-related damage, and formal recognition of Iranian sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz.
At the same time, Israeli officials are reportedly preparing for the possibility of renewed military conflict.
Netanyahu was excused Monday from attending proceedings in his criminal trial in order to participate in emergency security discussions following a recent phone conversation with Trump regarding Iran.
Government sources cited by The Telegraph said both the United States and Israel believe Iran could be preparing a preemptive strike, leading to heightened military readiness throughout the region.
Despite the escalating threats, Trump said Monday there remained a “very good chance” of reaching an agreement with Iran to prevent Tehran from obtaining nuclear weapons. His comments came only hours after he announced he had delayed a planned military strike at the request of Gulf allies seeking more time for negotiations.
{Matzav.com}