Logo

Jooish News

LatestFollowingTrendingGroupsDiscover
Sign InSign Up
Matzav

‘Nothing More Than a PR Stunt’: Navy Concludes Interception of Latest Gaza Flotilla

May 19, 2026·2 min read

Israel’s Foreign Ministry announced Tuesday night that the Israeli Navy had completed its takeover of the latest flotilla attempting to reach Gaza, with all activists aboard now in Israeli custody and being transported to Israel.

In a statement released by the ministry, officials said the operation had concluded successfully and that the passengers had been transferred off the flotilla vessels.

“Another PR flotilla has come to an end. All 430 activists have been transferred to Israeli vessels and are making their way to Israel, where they will be able to meet with their consular representatives,” said the Foreign Ministry in a statement.

Israeli officials dismissed the effort as a publicity campaign intended to benefit Hamas rather than a genuine humanitarian mission.

“This flotilla has once again proved to be nothing more than a PR stunt at the service of Hamas,” it added.

The ministry also emphasized that Israel intends to continue enforcing its maritime blockade of Gaza in accordance with international law.

“Israel will continue to act in full accordance with international law and will not permit any breach of the lawful naval blockade on Gaza,” the statement stressed.

Earlier Tuesday, the United States announced sanctions against four individuals connected to the flotilla operation. State Department spokesman Tommy Pigott said the move was aimed at cutting off support networks tied to terrorism and advancing American diplomatic efforts in the region.

According to Pigott, the sanctions “disrupt terrorist financing and advance President Trump’s Middle East peace efforts.”

Among those detained aboard the flotilla was the sister of Irish President Catherine Connolly. Connolly commented on the matter Monday, saying she was “very proud” of her sister.

View original on Matzav
LatestFollowingTrendingDiscoverSign In