Logo

Jooish News

LatestFollowingTrendingGroupsDiscover
Sign InSign Up
LatestFollowingTrendingDiscoverSign In
Matzav

US VP Vance: Iran Talks Making ‘Good Progress’

May 19, 2026·2 min read

Vice President JD Vance said Tuesday that negotiations with Iran are moving forward positively, while warning that the United States remains fully prepared to renew military operations if diplomatic efforts collapse.

The remarks came only hours after President Trump revealed that he had nearly authorized additional strikes against Iran and warned Tehran it had only “two or three days” left to reach an agreement.

Speaking during a White House briefing, Vance said discussions with Iran continue to show signs of progress, though he cautioned that no final outcome has yet been secured.

“A lot of good progress is being made, but we’re just going to keep on working at it, and eventually we’ll either hit a deal or we won’t,” Vance told a briefing at the White House.

Vance, who has previously expressed skepticism about deeper American military involvement with Iran, led a U.S. delegation to Pakistan in April for negotiations that ultimately did not result in a breakthrough agreement. He stressed Tuesday that the administration’s position remains firm on preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons.

“We’re in a pretty good spot here — but there’s an option B, and the option B is that we could restart the military campaign,” said the US vice president.

Vance added that while the administration prefers diplomacy, military action remains fully on the table if negotiations fail.

“We’re locked and loaded. We don’t want to go down that pathway, but the president is willing and able to go down that pathway if we have to.”

{Matzav.com}

View original on Matzav