
Israel Compiles List of All Oct. 7 Attackers, Vows to Kill or Capture Each One
JERUSALEM (VINnews)-Israel has assembled a comprehensive list of every Palestinian identified as participating in the Hamas-led massacre of Oct. 7, 2023, and is actively working to kill or arrest them all, according to a report published Thursday by The Wall Street Journal.
The list includes Gazans who crossed into Israel that day as well as Hamas leaders who planned and directed the attacks that killed approximately 1,200 people, mostly civilians, and resulted in more than 250 hostages being taken into Gaza.
Israeli intelligence compiled the names by analyzing vast amounts of video and photographic evidence that the terrorists themselves posted online during and after the assault, running the images through facial recognition software and reviewing intercepted phone calls from those who breached the border, the Journal reported, citing current and former Israeli officials.
Officials add individuals to the target list only after confirming their presence at the scene of the atrocities with at least two independent pieces of evidence, the report said.
The effort has continued even after a ceasefire took effect in Gaza in late 2025. Last week, Israeli forces killed Hamas Gaza chief Izz al-Din al-Haddad in an airstrike, the Journal noted.
VINnews could not independently verify the details of the WSJ report.
The Oct. 7 attacks — the deadliest single day for Jews since the Holocaust — saw Hamas and other Gaza-based terrorists rampage through southern Israeli communities, kibbutzim and a music festival, murdering, raping and mutilating victims before retreating to Gaza with hostages.
Israel has said it will not rest until all those responsible for the massacre are brought to justice, either dead or alive.