
White House Fires Back After Tucker Carlson Accuses Netanyahu of Pulling US Into Iran War
The White House issued a forceful response Wednesday after commentator Tucker Carlson accused Israeli Prime Minister Binyomin Netanyahu of drawing the United States into a damaging war with Iran during an interview with Israel’s Channel 13 News.
Responding to Carlson’s remarks, the White House defended President Trump’s longstanding position on Iran and praised the military operations carried out alongside Israel.
“Long before he was elected, President Trump has been consistent in his belief that Iran can never be allowed to possess a nuclear weapon. Israel has always been a great ally to the United States, especially through Operations Midnight Hammer and Epic Fury that obliterated Iran’s nuclear facilities and destroyed their defense industrial base,” the White House said in a statement to Channel 13 News.
“President Trump took bold, decisive action to protect the American people – something presidents have talked about for 47 years, but only this President has had the courage to address,” the statement added.
Carlson’s comments came during an interview aired Tuesday, in which he sharply criticized Netanyahu’s leadership and accused him of steering Israel in a dangerous direction.
According to Carlson, Netanyahu is “leading Israel toward destruction” and is “a very bad leader and a very unwise leader”, though he also said that he believes Netanyahu “is acting in what he thinks is his nation’s best interest. So I give him credit for that and always have.”
Carlson further argued that the conflict with Iran has harmed the United States’ standing and interests because of its close alliance with Israel.
“because of this war…America’s relationship with Israel, while it may be based on good intentions, is hurting the United States very badly,” Carlson claimed, while also calling for Washington to completely end aid to Israel.
“I don’t think the United States owes Israel anything. I don’t think the United States should give Israel anything. I think we should stop all aid to Israel, all special deals for Israel.”
Discussing the American role in the fighting against Iran, Carlson criticized President Trump’s decision-making and argued that Netanyahu pressured him into entering the conflict.
Trump “turned out to be far weaker than I understood” and had been pushed by Netanyahu “into a war that hurts the United States.”
Carlson was previously viewed as an ally of President Trump, but in recent years has emerged as one of his sharpest critics, particularly regarding foreign policy and support for Israel.
Earlier this year, Carlson also drew attention after claiming he had been detained upon arriving at Ben Gurion Airport in Israel.
However, video footage later circulated on social media appeared to contradict Carlson’s account. The footage showed him calmly signing paperwork, smiling, hugging a security guard, posing for a photograph, and then departing the airport without incident.
{Matzav.com}